PLEASE NOTE: While we will try to maintain regular stocking levels and product availability there are many factors that might affect our operations during COVID-19 including shortened staffing levels, extended shipping times, and item shortages. We appreciate your patience as we navigate new territory.
- Please email email@example.com if an item you need is not available or if you are planning on making a large purchase.
- We attempt to maintain sufficient stock levels in all locations, though there can be delays. We will do our best to communicate re-stocking times. If you find that an item you wish to purchase is out of stock we should be able to provide you with an expected restocking time and ask that you check back within 24 hours.
- We cannot assist in ordering or delivering items that we do not stock.
- All regular sale items will be restocked in the most efficient and timely manner possible.
- Scheduled restocking of the lumber and steel in each shop generally happens at the following times:
280 S. Wood & Metal Shops – Wednesdays
Sharp Instructional Shops – Tuesdays
Sullivan Fabrication Studio – Thursdays
Understanding Availability & Restocking
- Material Source maintains sufficient stocking levels in all locations, with daily inventory checks and regular restocks on a weekly basis.
- Many items have back stock on campus and these items can be restocked in 24-48 hours after discovery or notification.
- Items without back stock on campus are subject to vendor turnaround times as well as our access to receiving locations.
- In cases where items must be reordered, Material Source staff will communicate estimated delivery and restocking times to the customer requesting the material as it is available.
- When products experience an unforeseen demand stock may be completely depleted sooner than expected. In such cases, Material Source staff will restock and reorder the items as soon as discovered or notified. We encourage all customers to contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least a week in advance and let us know if they will be making a large purchase to avoid delays to their projects.
Situations that may prevent daily restocking:
- Material Source Operations Emergency – large deliveries, audits, short-staffed
- Loading Dock Access – other deliveries, time restrictions
- Shop Activity – authorization workshops, maintenance
- Material Preparation – materials often need to be modified or repackaged prior to sale
- Van Access – van unavailable or not available for enough time
- Other Facilities Issues – construction, maintenance, cleaning
- Material Source Staff Training – staff in training or staff training student employees.
While serving the community is a primary responsibility of Material Source the re-stocking process will not be rushed or bypassed, as the accurate tracking of inventory is critical to our operation. Thank you for understanding.