SafeRide will only perform pick-ups and drop-offs at certain locations. For more information, see coverage area for more details.
There are also regulations and etiquette that pertain to receiving a SafeRide. Students agree to these policies when they request a ride – SAIC is able to deny a ride if these policies are not being honored.
SafeRide is a safety service, not a taxi.
- SafeRide service is for students and employees only.
- SafeRide will only pick up a max of 3 people per ride.
- All riders are required to wear a face covering. See the Make Ready Shared Responsibilities.
- Only service animals are allowed. No other animals, including emotional support animals, may be brought on the safe ride.
- SafeRide does not provide medical transport. Please contact the security desk in any building if you have a medical concern.
- SafeRide doesn’t allow scheduled destinations to be changed after being picked-up.
- SafeRide will only pickup and drop-off at pre-defined locations.
- If for whatever reason you can’t make your pick-up, please cancel through the TransLoc app. Since we’re a ride-sharing service, we want to give your seat to someone else if you can’t make it.
- You must be on time for your pickup, other passengers are waiting so the van cannot wait more than two minutes.
- If you are unsure of where or when your pick-up will be, please check the TransLoc app for a pick-up location and ETA.
- Be ready to go when your vehicle arrives and enter and exit your vehicle promptly—it helps us keep our wait time down.
- You may not eat, drink, smoke, or vape in the SafeRide vehicle.
- Clean up after yourself. Please don’t leave any garbage in the vehicle.
- Check to make sure you have all your possessions before exiting the vehicle, especially your keys and cell phone.
- Please be respectful to the driver, vehicle, and other passengers at all times.
- SafeRide reserves the right to refuse service in situations that place our driver partners or other passengers in danger. Examples of this may include intoxicated, disorderly or abusive passengers.