Any staff member, faculty, enrolled student, or employee of the Art Institute of Chicago with a valid ArtiCard may use the Media Center. Outside contractors and alumni cannot checkout resources from the Media Centers. There is no lab fee or rental fee.
- To checkout equipment from the Media Center you MUST make a reservation via Patron Portal.
- To assure that equipment will be available when you need it, we recommend making advance reservations.
- Reservations can be made 3 weeks in advance.
- Checkouts can be up to 7 days, if you have resources less than 7 days you have the option to renew depending on resource availability.
- The Media Center will be pre-assembling your reservation before pickup. Turn around time for any reservation is 1 hour.
- Be prepared to show your ArtiCard when you arrive at the Media Center.
- Please be prompt when picking up your equipment. It will become available to other users if it has not been picked up 1 hour past your scheduled pickup time.
- Allow at least 15 minutes to check out equipment.
- Double check to make sure the equipment is in good working order before you leave campus. Report any issues to the Media Center.
- Double check your contents of kit to make sure you have the correct batteries and all the accessories. Notify the Media Center if anything is missing.
- You are responsible for the equipment until it is returned. Verify the return date and time to avoid late fines.
- You must check in with security if you want to leave any school buildings with the equipment.
Care and Safety of Equipment
- Keep a watchful eye on the equipment at all times. Don’t leave equipment unattended—EVEN AT SCHOOL. If you aren’t using the equipment, lock it away in a secure place, like a locker.
- Don’t try to carry more than you can safely handle, plan ahead and use a cart or dolly to help transport equipment.
- Keep the equipment in the assigned cases.
- Make sure the resource ID on the equipment matches the resource number on the case and all accessories go back in the correct cases.
- Untangle and coil all cables before returning the equipment to the Media Center.
- When returning equipment, let the Media Center employee know if everything was working correctly. Also let the Media Center employee know of any damage or loss of any parts or accessories.
- Wait until the Media Center employee releases you before you leave the counter.
Learn more about our Resources HERE
Make a Reservation HERE
Learn How to Use the Patron Portal HERE