Find all the products we carry across campus HERE
You can navigate the catalog by menu items such as Lumber, Electronics, Sculpture, Fashion, etc
PLEASE NOTE: You can download the catalog but prices and products are subject to change throughout the semester. Check here for the most current info.
This form is for placing large orders in advance of pick up. It is not necessary to use this form to purchase materials from Material Source, you are welcome to make in-person purchases whenever we are open.
If you would like to review the items we have available you can use the following link:
MATERIAL SOURCE CATALOG
PROCESS FOR ORDERING
- Check the CATALOG to see what we sell and where it is available.
- Fill out the PRE-ORDER FORM.
- You will receive an email once your order has been received and processed with the day that it will be available for purchase and a quote so you know how much money to add to your ARTICard. This is not a receipt of payment, you will need to pay at the time of pickup with your ARTICard.
- Make your purchase at the location where you placed your order. You will need your ARTICard. You might also consider bringing a cart if you have a large order/purchase. Material Source cannot provide carts but they can be checked out from the Instructional Shops.
- You will have one week after the time given to you in the email to pick up your order. If the items are not picked up the order will be canceled. You are welcome to place another order after cancelation at a time that works better for you.
- Due to limited space and demand, some items are only available in certain locations. If you have an item in your order that is not available in the location you are ordering from, you will need to place a separate order and/or make a separate purchase for that item at the location where it is available. You can find where the item is available in the far-right column of the catalog.
This form is only for the use of department funds to make material purchases. You may not use this form if you are using personal funds. In other words, this form is for the request of payment for materials from SAIC Material Source without the use of an ARTICard but instead using direct funds from a department within the School or the Museum.
Use this form if you are:
- Have approval from the department that is funding this transaction to use these funds.
- Unable to purchase products directly with an ARTICard from Material Source centers.
- Requesting that SAIC Material Source transfer funds to you on your behalf.
- Agreeing to policies listed before submission.
DO NOT USE THIS FORM IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO DEPARTMENT FUNDS.
All required information is used by Material Source to submit your request to SAIC’s Fiscal Office.
Requests must be filled out at least seven days before materials are needed. We cannot accommodate same-day requests.
Use this form to request a *NEW* product for sale at SAIC Material Source.
Before you begin:
- Please check the current Material Source Catalog for identical or similar products before submitting.
- Timelines for review and implementation will vary and will be established upon review of the request. New products will only be added to inventory at the beginning of a semester and stock dates are always subject to vendor turnaround times.
- Considerations when evaluation requests: expected use, safety concerns, space availability, cost-effectiveness, delivery/receiving requirements, and packaging needs
Requested products must fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Are not available or difficult to transport within the Chicago Loop
- Support curricular needs.
- Are directly related to the functionality, use, or safe operation of another product*.
- One product per request form. If you are interested in a class “kit” of various materials please email email@example.com to discuss the best way to submit your request.
- Are specific to equipment available on campus.
- Support a change in curriculum, equipment, or safety standards.
- Be approved for safe use within SAIC buildings and facilities.
SAIC Material Source will not offer products to directly compete with other retailers in the area. The space in our locations is limited and our priority is to offer items that will meet SAIC’s curricular needs. While we try to find the lowest price and value for every product we sell, we cannot offer price matching.