With very few stipulations, the AOC’s services and faculties are available to currently enrolled students, active faculty and staff at SAIC; some services are open to alumni as well. Please see the individual resource sections for details.
All users must attend an certification prior to using the laser cutter.
- Before using the 3D scanner, you must first attend an authorization session at the AOC. Authorization sessions provide crucial information on file preparation, scanner operation and safety procedures. Currently enrolled students, faculty and staff can be authorized for 3D scanning.
- The information covered during certifications will change as software and hardware are updated or reconfigured. Certifications do not expire.
- Reservations can be made in online only through Acuity at least 12 hours before the time being reserved, and no more than 2 weeks in advance. Same-day reservations are not available.
- Reservations are non-transferable from one person to another. You can only make and use reservations for yourself.
- Reservations can be rescheduled if you notify the AOC at least 1 hour in advance of your reserved time-slot.
- You will be given a 10-minute grace period to show up for your reserved time-slot. After the grace period expires, your slot will become available for other users.
- In the unlikely event that your reserved time-slot must be canceled due to equipment malfunction or other unforeseeable issues, you will be notified as quickly as possible and given the option to make a new reservation at the earliest available time slot.
- All certified users are able to walk in and use the 3D scanner when it has not been reserved in advance, or when a no-show for a reservation occurs. Walk-in users must check in with a lab monitor prior to scanning.
- For walk-in usage, you can use as much time as is available, up to when the next reservation starts or the AOC closes, whichever comes first.
- Late returns will be fined $50/day.