Because of the nature of Risograph, the number of files needed for printing and the limitations of our Digital Storefront we are going to require our users to upload jobs and name their files in a specific way when submitting.
- A huge benefit to all Digital Storefront users is that the cost of your job will be calculated as you submit so there will be no surprises when you come to pick up your order.
- If the files are not named correctly we will not be able to process your job and will ask that you re-submit. This can lengthen the turnaround time of you order.
- For each order will need a file for every color you’d like to print with, plus 1 additional file of a full color digital proof.
We would require that each file you are going upload to have printed use following naming convention: Lastname_Filename_Color_Quality_Side.pdf
For example, a one-sided two color poster will have 3 separate files, 2 files for the grayscale files and one for the composite proof.
We generally aim to print the lightest color first, and darkest/heaviest coverage layer last, to reduce track marks.
For double sided artworks, include sides: indicated with A for front and B for back. Below is how this might work for this specific job with 6 files total.
5. Johnson_A_Composite.pdf –> this can be a double sided pdf.
If you will be submitting multiple artworks for printing you will submit them as individual jobs in Digital Storefront.
5. Johnson_Drawing_Composite.pdf –> this can be a double sided pdf.
7. Johnson_Painting_Composite.pdf –> this can be a double sided multipage pdf.
Job 1 is a two sided artwork with Red and Blue on two sides.
Job 2 is a two sided job with Red, Metallic Gold and Blue on both sides.
Each job includes a Composite file for both sides of each job.
After adding each file to your cart simply click the Return to Storefront option and continue with the next file. Although this is time consuming it will allow DSF to calculate your job correctly with the collective cost for all jobs combined.
Without the proof file we won’t be able to see what results you’re anticipating, and therefore can’t point out any potential issues or mistakes. You don’t need to match the colors exactly, it’s just to give us an feel for your artwork.
File Set Up – Booklets
Setting up a book or zine is very similar to posters or a print but there are a few things to be aware of before submitting for Risograph Printing.
1. The Riso machine does not fold or staple your booklets. We do not offer folding or hand stapling for booklets.
2. We can crease the paper before printing so that all you will have to do is collate and staple your booklets together. We have a stapler here you can use on the 11th floor to do this.
3. We can cut booklets if crop marks are provided either before you put them together or after depending on your preference.
We are going to ask that you impose your files and upload a multiple page PDF for each color you will be printing.
For example, if you have an 8 page booklet with 2 colors (black and blue) you will turn in three files in total.
2 for printing and a composite.
3. Johnson_Booklet_Composite –> this can be a double sided pdf.
Digital Storefront Guidelines
Documents-> Composite File Upload: Here is where you will be uploading the color composite of your files.
>>>DO NOT UPLOAD print files in this location. You will be uploading the print files in a section below. <<<
Last Name, First Name
Our minimum quantity is 10. Because of the way Riso works we do not allow for tests. If you would like to try a few different types of paper as your 10 please note that in the special instructions.
Media (Size/Weight/Color): Choose the size, number of colors + weight of paper you are using in your job.
Simplex/Duplex: Be sure to choose the correct Single Sided or Double Sided. This will affect your final price.
Make sure the orientation looks correct here.
Paper Selection: This is the type of paper for your job.
Print File Upload: Add the print files here.
All the grayscale file for this job will be loaded here.
DO NOT LOAD your composite file here.
See above for details about booklets.
Choose cutting or creasing if needed. No extra charge. We require cut marks for bulk cutting.
Feel free to schedule a time to meet one-on-one with a technician to answer any questions you might have regarding file set up or submission concerns.